Welcome to my wild and wacky world

Well since you've come this far I guess you'll be interested to know what's going on in my life. Go ahead and take a peek...

Sunday, December 18, 2011

Day...whatever...of Christmas Cookies

Well I'm not really going day by day on the Christmas cookies. It's my blog I can do what I want. So here is today's cookie!!!

Eggnog Sandwich Cookies

Ingredients:
Cookies:
1 C butter softened
1 1/4 C sugar
1 egg yolk
1/2 C sour cream
2 1/2 C AP flour
1/4 tsp salt
1 tbs sugar
1/2 tsp grated nutmeg
1/4 tsp ground ginger

Filling:
1/2 c butter, softened
1/4 C shortening
2 1/2 C powdered sugar
2 tbs bourbon

Process:
Preheat oven to 350. (I had to boost my oven temp to 375 to make them brown on the bottom)
Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add egg yolk and beat until blended. Combine flour and salt in a small bowl; gradually add to butter mix until well blended.
Combine sugar, nutmeg, and ginger in a small bowl. Form dough into small balls, dip top into sugar mixture, place on parchment lined baking sheet and flatten slightly.

Bake 12 minutes or until edges are golden. Cool on the cookie sheet for 5 minutes then transfer to a cooling rack.
Beat butter and shortening until well blended. Add powdered sugar and bourbon; beat until blended. Spread on flat side of a cookie and top with another cookie.


No comments:

Post a Comment