Welcome to my wild and wacky world

Well since you've come this far I guess you'll be interested to know what's going on in my life. Go ahead and take a peek...

Monday, October 3, 2011

A Pumpkin A Day Keeps The...

Wow, it's been nearly a year since I last posted!! I've been busy to say the least.

Anyways, I've decided October is going to be the beginning of a pumpkin recipe a day challenge. It's a challenge between me and my kitchen, but if you want to join feel free! I have added some fun to my challenge though...I will not be using canned pumpkin, I will only be using fresh pumpkin that I make into a puree myself.


So to catch you up I'll pretend it's Oct. 1st and go from there!

Day 1 of 31 days of Pumpkin!!
The Recipe is...

Pumpkin Muffins!!!

Makes 30 muffins
3 cups sugar
1 cup vegetable oil
4 eggs
2 cups canned pumpkin(or homemade puree)
2/3 cup water
3 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
2 tsp baking soda
1 1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp ground nutmeg
Optional: 1/2 cup walnuts or pecans, or 1/2 cup chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350°F. Fill muffin cups with liners or spray with a cooking spray (I did both).

Mix sugar and oil using an electric mixer. Add eggs and blend. Add pumpkin and blend. Add water and blend. Combine the remaining ingredients in a separate bowl and add slowly, scraping down the sides of the bowl as you go. (If you want to add chocolate chips, add them now).



Fill muffin cups equally and bake for about 30 minutes or until golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the middle of muffins comes out clean. (I just press the middle to see if it springs back instead of the toothpick test)

No comments:

Post a Comment